• In addition, there has been interest in a second group at a time earlier in the day for those near the East coast of the USA, UK, Europe and beyond.
* If you are interested, CONTACT (Katarina) let us know best times for you.
Inviting you if you wish to join us ~ • ELLEN’S VISION FOR THE SERIES ”I’d like to help people transfer the AY ATM lessons into FI lessons — either by technique coaching or by applying basic principles of the method. I truly want the class to be set-up as a self-forming, self-selecting group.”
• ELLEN DESCRIBES THE PROCESS ”Part of my style is watching people attempt to do FI “moves”. Then I give lots of verbal cues that the practitioner follows until their technique improves. The “aha” moment is apparent to the person on the table, to the practitioner, and to observers. The benefit of this style is that the skills are transferable to other situations. Handling skills improve in an organic way and better than watching and imitating me after a demonstration.”
• Fees for attending Ellen’s online mentoring class
PLEASE NOTE: NO FEE FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT GRADUATES OR IN TRAINING Anyone attending as a STUDENT RECEIVING A LESSON, and who is not a graduate of a training, is not an active practitioner, or is not a student enrolled in a training is not expected to contribute towards Ellen’s teaching fee or to send an administrative fee to Katarina.
Contributions for Ellen and Contributions for Katarina hosting tutorials
* Participants share Ellen’s fee of $165 per session:
5 or 6 people attending send Ellen $35 each.
4 people attending send Ellen $45 each.
3 people attending send Ellen $65 each.
2 people attending send Ellen $85 each.
* A Quarterly minimum of $75 is requested for Katarina hosting tutorials
(Jan, Feb, Mr 2019 is the current quarter)
Guidelines for participation in Ellen’s tutorials
* Learning the Feldenkrais® Method occurs in successive approximations that foster learning and growth. When an improvement is apparent or necessary, a human nervous system learns from small variations and changes. Using this principle, we altered a few procedures so organizing Ellen’s tutorials is smoother. The current learning environment is better since these small changes.
* Each participant in Ellen’s tutorials is expected to attend on a regular basis and not on a “drop-in occasionally” basis. Everyone is welcome to sign up for two or three dates at a time. Please sign up at Ellen’s doodle at least a week in advance. When you are listed as Practitioner, please send your notes to Katarina at least a week in advance.
* Learning the Feldenkrais® Method occurs in successive approximations that foster learning and growth. When an improvement is apparent or necessary, a human nervous system learns from small variations and changes. Using this principle, we altered a few procedures so organizing Ellen’s tutorials becomes smoother. The current learning environment is better since these small changes.
ABOUT ELLEN SOLOWAY
Ellen graduated from the Amherst Feldenkrais® Training in 1983. She is an Assistant Trainer and has worked at training programs around the world. Ellen has a primary practice in New Orleans and regularly teaches mentoring classes in Atlanta, San Antonio, and Chicago and On-line Weekly.
Experiencing Dr. Feldenkrais’s thinking first-hand, Ellen developed an overview of functionally-based thinking and its relationship to learning. She typed and edited the first drafts of the San Francisco Feldenkrais training program Years One and Three.
Ellen assimilated complex and subtle aspects of the method while editing the Alexander Yanai volumes. Her next step was to engage in a “cohesive” Feldenkrais review; Ellen graduated Mia Segal’s basic training as well as Mia Segal’s supervisor’s course between 1999-2004. Ellen is an assistant trainer at Jeff Haller’s innovative Feldenkrais training program starting in October 2018.
These combined experiences give Ellen a uniquely broad-based point of view, plus teaching skills, and creating curricula. While mentoring, she helps practitioners develop their theoretical understanding as well as their technical skills. Growing up with a partially deaf and blind Mother has fine-tuned Ellen’s interest in Feldenkrais-based solutions to physical challenges, including sight and hearing impairments. She often works with adults & children using neurological developmental processes as a basic part of her functional integration lessons.
You can explore Ellen Soloway Feldenkrais® Mentoring
We hope you enjoy the Testimonials for FI Mentoring online with Ellen Soloway
… and additional Testimonials from colleagues for Ellen’s teaching:
#1 “If Moshe’s teaching makes the impossible feasible, Ellen’s teachings makes it understandable.”
–– Cristina Salgado
#2 “Whether Ellen is teaching ATM®, FI®, or Mentoring she manages to break information into small concise groupings that are easy to follow and simple to learn from. “
–– Gika Rector
#3 “Usually I have many questions after experiencing an FI®, observing an FI®, or giving an FI® to my clients. Ellen knows how to answer these questions as she weaves her teaching style into everything that is relevant. She is very clear and direct in her presentation in our mentoring program. I know that I am a better practitioner because of Ellen’s mentoring.”
–– Barbara Hartmann
#4 “Ellen placed her hands on my pelvis and suddenly the entire architecture of the hip became apparent.”
–– Jean Gottleib
#5 “As Ellen’s hands illuminate the pathways of the body, her words explain what she is feeling, knowing, and doing. Rarely will you be so generously invited into a master practitioner’s thought process while working. Through her words Ellen connects you to the mastery of her predecessors, her teachers. What you learn from Ellen will transform your work.”
–– Annie Gottleib
Go to Ellen’s Page
In the United States of America, the following are registered service marks, collective marks or certification marks of the Feldenkrais Guild of North America: Feldenkrais®, Feldenkrais Method®, Functional Integration® Awareness Through Movement®; Guild Certified Feldenkrais Teacher®; and The Feldenkrais Guild®. The following are trademarks, service marks or certification marks of the Feldenkrais Guild of North America: ATMSM, FISM, Guild Certified Feldenkrais PractitionerCM, and Feldenkrais™.