• Ellen’s tutorials are currently scheduled for
4:45pm Pacific time Tuesdays & Thursdays.
9:45 am Nishinomiya, Hyogo Japan Wednesdays & Fridays
11:15 am in Adelaide Australia Wednesdays & Fridays
11:45 am Sydney Australia Wednesdays & Fridays
1:45 pm New Zealand Wednesdays & Fridays
• In addition, there has been interest in a second group at a time earlier in the day for those near the East coast of the USA, UK, Europe and beyond.
• ELLEN’S VISION FOR THE SERIES ”I’d like to help people transfer the AY ATM lessons into FI lessons by coaching either a practitioner’s technique or by applying basic principles of the method. I truly want the class to be set-up as a self-forming, self-selecting group.”
• ELLEN DESCRIBES THE PROCESS ”Part of my style is watching practitioners attempt to do FI “moves” based on their current understanding of a lesson. Then, I give verbal cues until the practitioner’s technique and understanding improves. An “aha” moment becomes apparent to the person on the table, to the practitioner, and to observers. A practitioner’s handling skills and understanding improve in an organic way and this is better than watching and imitating a demonstration. The benefit of this style is that the learned skills are transferable to other situations.”
• Fees for attending Ellen’s online mentoring class
FEES APPLY ONLY TO GRADUATES OR THOSE IN TRAINING
A graduate of either a Feldenkrais® or an ABM training, as well as anyone currently enrolled in a Feldenkrais training or an ABM Training, contributes to Ellen’s Soloway’s teaching fee and to Katarina’s administrative fee.
‘STUDENT RECEIVING A LESSON’ DURING A TUTORIAL
* Anyone attending a tutorials as a STUDENT RECEIVING A LESSON,
who is not a graduate of a training, is not an active practitioner,
or is not a student enrolled in a training programme is NOT EXPECTED to contribute towards Ellen’s teaching fee or Katarina’s administrative fee.
* Those who are graduates of either a Feldenkrais® or an ABM training,
as well as anyone currently enrolled in a Feldenkrais training or an ABM Training,
who are attending a tutorial as the ‘STUDENT RECEIVING A LESSON’,
DO contribute towards Ellen’s teaching fee and Katarina’s administrative fee.
Fees to Ellen ~ Mentoring:
Practitioner/graduate/trainee participants share the fee
Fees sent to Ellen: $35, $45, $55, or $85. The fee changes according to the number of participants. $35 is the minimum amount we send for Ellen for each tutorial. Payment is divided among the participants of each class.
Anyone living in the United States and is a practitioner or in a training sends a check directly to Ellen. The check is made payable to Ellen Soloway and sent to 4919 Pitt St. New Orleans, LA 70115. Anyone living outside the United States sends payment via PAYPAL to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send an approximate sum for several tutorials and save on the PayPal transaction fee.
$35 per class is the minimum anyone sends Ellen, thank you.
2 people attending send Ellen $85 each.
3 people attending send Ellen $65 each.
4 people attending send Ellen $45 each.
5 people attending send Ellen $35 each.
6 or more attending send Ellen $35 each.
Maximum size of each class Six Zoom Windows
Usually the tutorial includes one practitioner with a student
and five observers (or more if two share a Zoom window).
Note: We can add more participants if two people share a Zoom window. Only six or less zoom windows are permitted.
Fees to: Katarina ~ Hosting tutorials:
$75 USD to Katarina for each quarter (current quarter is Jan, Feb, Mar, 2019). Please send by e-transfer if in Canada.
OR by PAYPAL to email@example.com
OR by cheque to Katarina Halm, Thinking in Movement!, 3552 West 41st Avenue, #71069. Vancouver, BC, Canada V6N 4J9.
ORYou could let Katarina know if you prefer to contribute to Katarina through a work-study project instead of payment.
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION IN ELLEN’S TUTORIALS
* Learning the Feldenkrais® Method occurs in successive approximations that foster learning and growth. When an improvement is apparent or necessary, a human nervous system learns from small variations and changes. Using this principle, we altered a few procedures so organizing Ellen’s tutorials is smoother. The current learning environment is better with these small changes.
* Each participant in Ellen’s tutorials is expected to attend on a regular basis and not on a “drop-in occasionally” basis. Everyone is welcome to sign up for two or three dates at a time. Please sign up by email with Katarina at least a week in advance. When you are listed as Practitioner, please send your notes to Katarina at least a week in advance. (Note: a few participants are scheduled to use Ellen’s doodle).
THE PRACTITIONER/PRESENTER FOR A TUTORIAL SENDS NOTES PRIOR TO THE PRESENTATION
Ellen’s 4 Questions for the AY lesson you choose:
Each practitioner chooses an AY lesson that could be turned into a suitable FI lesson for his or her student. Each practitioner sends his or her responses to the following questions to Katarina at least 48 hours prior to the session. (firstname.lastname@example.org ) Katarina will send these notes to the observers for advance study and to Ellen for review.
1. What about these lessons appeals to you?
2. What are the themes explored in these lessons?
3. What parts of the lesson seem simple and obvious to transfer to FI lessons?
4. What parts of the lesson seem absolutely impossible to transfer into an FI lesson and why do you think that?
please send your responses and lesson notes to email@example.com