All about rhythm and movement. At 12:20 is a wonderful segment about “the Water Carriers Walk.”
“Bones are stronger than steel”
The Body Exhibition
Ruthy Alon New York 2007
Founder of Movement Intelligence
Notes from Katarina Halm
We offer a certification track for those who wish to become certified in any or all of the five modalities of the Movement Intelligence Programme as developed by Feldenkrais® teacher Ruthy Alon: Bones for Life®, Chairs, Walk for Life, Mindful Eating, and Solutions for Optimal Mobility. Please see Ruthy’s site for a beautiful, informative description.
Back to top
Based on Feldenkrais® principles, Bones for Life® (BFL®) lessons support physical and emotional regulation and mental resilience. BFL lessons include the practice of ‘axis’ and ‘wave’. The ‘axis’ ensures a safe trajectory of physical force moving through the body, strengthening and aligning the body’s structure. The ‘wave’ involves the body’s flexible, spiral movement, enabling turning, reaching, and bending. You are guided to become more aware of your position in space, thus improving cognition and adaption to change. The BFL® Wrap is a unique feature of the program, providing modulated compression at various joints. ‘Biological optimism’ and ‘Neurological diplomacy’ are some of the program’s key terms. BFL processes are designed to foster a more graceful movement within your comfort and safety.
Katarina Halm & Marie-Paule Wiley & Kim Reda-Wilson
Teachers in Training
Yeşim Alıç ~ Luis Enrique Flores ~ Alfo Humano ~ Minal Shah
Enjoy classes ~ Option to continue towards certification.
* We look forward to seeing current students and those interested in continuing their BFL journey
Telephone: 1-604-263-9123 Vancouver BC, Canada
Certification: The first step program provides up to 90 hours toward the 210 hours to complete BFL teacher training with Katarina.
Feldenkrais® is a service mark, trademark, and certification mark of the Feldenkrais Guild® of North America (FGNA) in the USA
The Movement Intelligence of
Bone Strength and Weight-Bearing Posture
Based on Dr. Feldenkrais’ approach to somatic learning
Develop harmonious coordination; Empower lively & dynamic gait; Train in bone building walking in rhythm; Reach Quality of natural fitness at any age; Restore resourcefulness of equilibrium & stability
Align posture in the body language of self confidence
The movement answer to the functional failure of osteoporosis
- Your bones are as reliable as your posture is able to sustain your body weight in an efficient alignment.
- Your bones are as strong as your activity is dynamic and able to cope with challenges that demand strength.
- Your bones are as healthy as Nature meant, if your movements are natural and all your body parts are harmoniously coordinated.
Through the simple, effective movement processes of the sixty-hour Bones For Life® program, you will learn gradually and safely how to:
- Stimulate your bone strength and experience the biological optimism of a reliable skeleton
- Coordinate a springy and dynamic walk
- Align your posture into safe weight-bearing uprightness
- Develop your skill of restoring equilibrium
- Enhance the pleasure of moving
Much of the information on this page is taken directly from Ruthy Alon’s beautiful site here. Movement Intelligence, Bones for Life®, Walk for Life, Chairs, Mindful Eating, Solutions for Optimal Mobility are terms used by her and we at the Studio consider them Trademarked and proprietary. We use them with gratitude.